Friday, January 16, 2009

GET THIS!


Notice to any "artists" out there!  If you move to Ireland and create original work you are not taxed on your income.  I can see where this idea was good in theory.  Preserve the arts and help struggling artists get going...fine! As you know I am a huge fan of original art, but I think this law is being taken advantage of.  Artists like Bono, Collin Farrel, and many other Irish stars aren't paying taxes in Ireland.  Everyone in Ireland has their ideas about how to get out of the recession and who should be taking pay cuts.  Here is mine...tax the millionaire "artists" their 40% like the rest of the Irish public are paying and I think we'd see a large surplus of money! Imagine if Hollywood didn't pay tax?! Don't think we would let that one fly...esp with Obama about to take office : )

(note I am not claiming to be an economist, or an expert on Irish culture, but I just can't get over this one.  I know there are loads of nutsy American laws as well! )

No comments: