Wednesday, October 1, 2008

to tan or not to tan.......that is the question! (my most shallow blog yet!)

status of my skin a few weeks ago (please note Leah's hair is not familiar with the Irish humidity yet in this picture...sorry Leah)
Status of my skin upon arrival in Ireland!


Alright I know tanning is horrible for your skin. But so are about a million other things so pick your poison. I've never been one to tan so much that I look like leather...just a nice base is all I'm ever after.


So WHAT DO YOU THINK...The tanning place near my house is fairly nice and charges 80 Euro for 120 minutes.....a Euro is worth about $1.40 so you can do the math.


The man tells me you would never go for a 20 minute session like I'm used to (I guess you'd fry). Anyway he puts you on a plan and you build up your tan..yada yada...


Is it worth it?! Give me your feedback please please!

8 comments:

miss mary said...

tanning machines are bad news and should be banned try a tanning cream or build in tanning mositurer and save your money and your skin

Court said...

No don't do it. You look beatiful!!

Emily! said...

Well Josie, I've gone through the same issues, and though I do use a self tanning cream sort of regularly, i do sneak a tan in in the fall/winter to make myself feel better...guilty as charged. You decide what you want to do, you know it's bad- but so are a lot of things. Yesterday someone told me all bacon is, is fried fat. Well I love bacon, and don't care what the doctor says because it makes me happy.

Joanna said...

oh the comments are good! Em yours is cracking me up ...wish tanning was as cheap as bacon! haha!

miss mary said...

So Madden is getting an American White Indian now how exciting

Molly Bittle Puryear said...

OK, so I too am dealing with this issue. I'm battling with myself daily and so far I've stayed away from the bed... I turned 27 last weekend and all the sudden it like a few wrinkles decided to say "hello". I'm trying to take the road that considers wrinkles to mean you have experience under your belt and thay you're wiser, but there are botox ads everywhere! So, the delimma continues... and grows. Pasty and smooth or tan and botox. Shit.

Moo said...

Remember the swans, beautiful and white! Fruits, veggies, rest, and great bronzer and blush! Shallow blog, most responses, yet. Hmmmm.

Leanne said...

Molly's comment made me laugh out loud!! When you put it pasty and smooth or tan and botox I think I might rather have tan and botox (if you can afford it). Joanna I am just pasty, pregnant and with spider veins so.....if I could I would choose the bed, botox, and lazer vein treatments.