Tuesday, October 7, 2008

a little injury.....



Well this weekend Richy and I had a little Trauma in the ER! We had been at a friends going away party in a well known pub. The place was packed and we were having a nice evening, but decided to head home at a decent hour (1:30 am)


We grabbed a cab and when Richy was unlocking our door I noticed his back was covered in blood. He had a huge cut across his back. It was such a clean cut that he didn't even know it was there....scary. After trying to clean it up, I realized it wasn't going to stop bleeding so off to the ER we went!


The ER in Dublin on a Saturday night is the last place in the world you want to be I quickly learned! By this I mean I was scared sitting in the waiting room...Really hard people in and out of there...Mostly ones who had been in fights and were somewhat proud of their injures.


Anyway after a frustrating 5 hour wait...Richy was finally stitched up! (I practically fainted and had to leave the room) Five stitches in all! The nurses thought the wound looked like a stab/slice wound....meaning someone may have taken a blade to Richy in the crowded pub!


Don't really know what else to say except I hope that people aren't really that senseless and stupid. I want to think Richy leaned up against some glass or something.....we'll probably never know.....


2 comments:

miss mary said...

well thats life unfortunely so now to tan or not to tan has gone so thats it move on and forget
send all washing down to us anyway
and forget thats just the best thing to do

Joanna said...

p.s. RACHEL! those aren't the jeans Richy wore out on the town! haha! Those are p.j. type bottoms! : )