Tuesday, May 5, 2009

time to post...

Here are a few pics from the past two weekends. Below is Richy's first flower buying experience!  We have a window box that I was dying to plant flowers in, so we finally got around to that this last weekend!


We took a drive about an hour outside of Dublin through the mountains and ended up at the Ritz Carlton. Very fancy and in my designer opinion too over done and stuffy.  Not a bit of contemporary flair what so ever.  If it was an old hotel I could understand, but it was just built! 
Anyway snapped a few pics of a wedding reception going on! Below is probably the best glass of red wine I've ever had! Was so so nice to get to sit outside on a patio with nice weather!  The things I took for granted in the ville! :)


For any "Far and Away" movie fans!  This is where part of the movie was filmed.  The house above is Nicole Kidman's (Shannon) Family Manor in Ireland.....and below is the front yard where they take Tom Cruise (Joseph) out to shoot him the next day in the fog...Does anyone know what I'm talking about?! I love that movie!

We then went to a National Park called Glendaloch..It was a lovely place to hike around!  So much to see and again it was a nice day!  Above Celtic Cross and below pretty water fall that was a hike and a half to get to the top of!
This area below kinda reminded me of Colorado in the summer...!?!?

TINKER ALERT!!! lol! I finally got to see my first Tinker/Traveler/Gypsy grouping!  These people kinda live on the outskirts of society.  Known for being sneaky, avoiding taxes, over the top weddings, and just kinda setting up residence wherever they please, tinkers are evidently all over Ireland!

Dublin Flee Market!! 10Euro for a cup of joe and a little painting of yourself
Live entertainment at the Flee Market too!
I was amazed at how many people were there!  Selling everything from art to photography to furniture to clothes! There was a lot of pure junk too! :) It was very interesting to look around!
In yet another Dublin Park!
Love all the Tulips! My Favorite flower!
The house on the corner of our street that is for sale!  Wonder what the price tag is?!?! 
Famous Graffiti Artist at work!  It says in the heart Babylon falling.....kinda explains the Irish economy!  I heard on the news that Ireland is the most hit of all economies besides third world countries.  

3 comments:

Court said...

Hi Friend! I think I like the twittering for now. We'll see though. I love the movie Far and Away. I haven't watched it in forever, but I'm going to have to rent it now. I am ready to hang on the patio too! The flowers are really blooming over there.

C

ahol said...

Didn't she have to pluck chickens in that movie? That and the scene where he claims his land are the only ones I can picture clearly. Ireland has so many nice parks! Come to LR and go to a park and you see homeless people fishing. It's disgusting.

Joanna said...

lol annie! well they do a good job of keeping the parks nice during the day, but it would be probably correct in saying the night would be quite different!! Safe to say I'll never find out!