Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The BEST sandwich EVER!

So this weekend we went out to the country for the day and ate lunch at the cutest place ever.  It was very Fayetteville and kinda reminded me of a smaller and more quint Smokehouse.  Anyway you could get wine and organic fruits and veg in the front and then in the back you could get tasty food!  I loved my sandwich and think everyone should try it out!

Bread was a wheat baguette with some seads on top, but i'm sure any roll or baguette will do!
filling is
Chorizo
Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
Goats Cheese
Grilled Eggplant
Garlic Mayo

YUM TO THE YUM!

I so wish I would have snapped a photo of this little place, but I have a feeling we'll be back!

What is YOUR fav combo for a sandwich?! I'll give it a try!

11 comments:

Court said...

I'm so hungry I wish I could eat your sandwich! Well I'm obsessed with avocado and sprouts on my sandwich!

custardbydesign said...

it was the best sandwhich ever...

i think the garlic mayo had a wee touch of mustard of horse-radish to it...

i'm not a big fan of garlic and it take take the edge of the sanger for me...but still it was mighty good...

Joanna said...

yum me too court! Molly, Ellen, and I used to order this in highschool...
on a toasted bagel
avocado, sprouts, cream cheese, tomato and a cucumber if you want! yummy!

ahol said...

courtney called it. My fave sandwich is Hugo's avocado, swiss, mayo and sprouts on wheat. I would probably kick a puppy for one of those right now....

Leanne said...

Not necessarily the best sandwich ever, but the one I crave is a country club from Loafin' Joes!

custardbydesign said...

sprouts

like brussel sprouts...what are these sprouts that dont sound goo din a sammich at all?

ahol said...

they are alfalfa sprouts, you crazy irishman. it is probably better known as sheep food in your neck of the woods

custardbydesign said...

ach annie why wud ya put sheep food in your sammiches...

sure thats like fodder for beefing the beast up so you can have a nice leg of lamb or a good rump steak or something...

alfalfa sprouts...not in my sammiches...

Joanna said...

excuse me Custard! Remember the bagel sandwich I made you....??? it had sprouts on it and you loved it!

custardbydesign said...

clearly what all ya'll call sprouts and what i call sprouts are clearly obviously non-negociably potetially different?!?!? show me some of those alfalfa sprouts again...

if i ate it it clearly was good...

Emily! said...

My fav (one of many) is Everything bagel, yellow mustard (or honey mustard), red onion, tomato, spices, and topped with provolone cheese (toasted open face). It was the "veggie melt" at shlegels bagels, but now I have Einsteins special make it for me!