Thursday, June 18, 2009

When it is time to go home!

we started our day with a picnic breakfast in the park! I miss the food!
love the trees! kinda like an Italian staple, I had to see the trees, much like people visiting Ireland have to see the sheep! :)


Well usually there comes a point in a trip when you actually won't be terribly sad to leave...maybe it is your homesick, maybe it is certain events.... On our last day in Rome we had a few experiences that made it officially okay to head back to Dublin. Don't get me wrong....we had a great day, but there were a few signs. Like having a seagull fly at us with a pigeon in it's mouth, getting lost in the ghetto by the train station, wandering for nearly 2 hours looking for the best resturant ever...

On our last day we headed out to the country side to see the catacombs, or where loads of dead people were buried and some still are...after spending some time under ground we headed back into the city. Oh and also that day we went into a place where the decor was the bones of 4000 dead monks. I'm talking the creepiest thing I've ever seen. Think chandeliers over your head made of femurs........and full on skeletons everywhere you look. I'm scared Richy Mc Cusker! haha!

I would 100% recommend a trip to Rome for anyone! We actually found the prices to be quite reasonable, was a bit spoiled though cause a flight from Dublin was only 2 hours, so I got the experience without the jet lag!

1 comment: