Thursday, June 11, 2009

Food, Architecture, History, Wine.. Rome I love you!

Well on Monday Richy and I got back from a fantastic trip to Rome!  We had a good four days there and got to see and do so much!  We went for Joan and Ronan's wedding and had a great time at the wedding as well!  Sadly I forgot to take my American to European adapter so my camera battery was dead for the wedding (will hopefully snag a few pics off some of the wedding guests)  We did find an adapter between the wedding and the reception so all was not lost! :) That was an interesting experience by the way.  Picture Irish guy and American girl arguing with three Italian men about what was the right adapter! haha a funny experience! 

Here are a few of my favorite pics from the trip!

I actually have worn myself out uploading pics so I'll add more tomorrow...day three got cut off! :)

Day Three
Easily entertained
Sort of embarrassed about this picture...busted for eating like my 10th gelato! Such focus!

I love love love the food in Italy! I could never live there or I'd take up like 3 plane seats!
My little Italian treat to myself! :)
When in Rome....buy Italian leather boots!!! 
shopping is clearly on my mind by day 3
A hotel Richy wanted to check out...not your typical hotel.  It was like you had to ring a bell and then you were let in by a butler.  We had no shame and asked to look around. Made our way to the roof top bar! Very cool...I'm learning through Richy that it pays to be BOLD

Day Two
A pic of a pic of us and the bride and groom at the wedding!  Another post from the wedding will follow!
At the Vatican in front of St. Peter's basilica...Truly amazing..The Mother of all Cathedrals in my opinion.
A view from the top!
So worth the line and the euros to climb to the top of the dome! My knees were a little wobbly though!
Proof that my mom is right and that I do need to stand up straight! :) note shoulders and knees must be covered in the Vatican!
from a distance I thought this dude was playing the Guitar! LOL
Day One
outside our tourist trap restaurant!  Very good though, but I felt like I was in the USA as everyone was from there! Day three we found where the locals hang out and eat!

Gelato in front of the Colosseum 
over 2000 men killed here....be like going to bud walton to see men fight lions...not so much!
The "Wedding Cake" Building.  Behind me the tomb of the unknown solider and men with machine guns guarding it.  Not a fan very intimidating those guns....
another tourist trap..the gear is a "roman soldiers" who then wanted 10 euros for the pictures.  we chucked 3 at him and walked on our way with him following us for a while.  not cool!  Day one we were overcome with excitement that we forgot ourselves and fell into major tourist traps. 8 Euro Gelato, Roman Solider pictures, being drawn into a restaurant cause we were complimented by the door man.  Finally we got our "cop on" (heads back) and avoided spending unnecessary money!  Living in Dublin has certainly given us a radar for these sorts of things! :)



5 comments:

Emily! said...

Ah all my memories came flooding back, I think we did the exact same things! Miss that gelato mucho!

Leanne said...

So jealous! The whole time I am reading this post all I can think is Chevy Chase European Vacation! HA
P.S love the boots

miss mary said...

yes rememberwhen i was thereit looks familiar
glad you had a good holiday

Coldiron said...

Love all the new posts! Seems you're having a blast...couldn't be happier for you. Rome rules, huh - thanks for the recap...regreting not buying some boots though, your's are fab!

Live it up lady..hey to Richie,
Jen

Amod said...

I found nice information about Rome wedding and different things. If any body want to know more information about Rome wedding then please visit. Rome Weddings and Tuscany Weddings