Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving in Ireland?

                                  Richy trying to break the egg! The things that entertain us! : )
                                   The hosts and Darren!
                                   Lucy and Eoin!
                                   Turned out great!  And I thought cooking a turkey would be hard! ha!
                                   The Portobello Pub
                                   Richy the daredevil!
                                  To feed the swans...Has anyone seen gray swans before? Reason I ask is                                         cause I hadn't and I told Richy someone had put ashes on some of the                                                   swans..haha
                                          Richy got the fun job of cleaning and stuffing the bird!
                                   Mom sent me cute napkins and other Thanksgiving treats!  (don't think I found these in Dublin)
                                  A 13 lb turkey should do the trick!
                                               The day always starts with a mimosa if you are a Morton!


Who would have thought? Honestly I wasn't sure how it would go, but we had a fantastic and tasty Thanksgiving! We invited Eoin, Darren, and Lucy over for the holiday and cooked a feast!  It was really a nice day and it did feel like Thanksgiving even though life was going on as usual outside our flat!  While the turkey cooked we went and fed the swans and had a drink in the pub! After we pigged out our energy was drained, except we did have a debate about if you put an egg in your fingers and tried to break it would it?  The answer is NO!


2 comments:

Court said...

That is funny! I'm glad you had some Turkey on Thanksgiving! I stayed here and had two Thanksgiving meals!

Anonymous said...

Joanna, I love reading your blog. Looks like Ireland is so fun and full of new experiences.