Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Camping in Kerry! or the festival of four!

Well I did it! I grabbed the bull by the horns and camped...for two days at that...and in the rain! It was truly a great trip with great company! Our friends Colm and Linda came down Wednesday night and we headed out for Co. Kerry the next morning. After a long car ride we made it to our camp site! Now I do have to say the camp site was Posh! There was a really nice living room with a fireplace, a kitchen for breakfast and totally clean showers and bathrooms. It honestly was cleaner than the hotel we checked into the last night! We were in such a beautiful part of Ireland that the rain didn't even put me off to much! It was just a chilled out road trip with no agenda! Have a peak at some of our snaps!
horse racing on the beach was a first for me!
could not get over the setting! so beautiful! Euros won = 0
Colly and Linda surprise Richy and I with a Champagne toast in this lovely Gypsy caravan! we were so surprised and loved every minute of it! we ended up having a bit of a sing along! of course everyone knew their Irish songs but me! so I sang the song from the little mermaid...everyone loved it though!
how cute?!
Linda is so detailed! candles, heart napkins! thanks again!
empty beach with footprints......to the water
toweling off...nothing like a little skimpy dip in the ocean! :)
the boys exploring a castle!
the girls on top of a cliff!

walking up the cliff! fun walk but got totally drenched coming back down!
in the little living room! making smores!
our lovely little tent! it was so windy and rainy that we thought we might have a wizard of oz experience and wake up in a different place!

2 comments:

custardbydesign said...

great trip...great friends..great 'wife-to-be'...festival of four was just great...

Brandy said...

I love that you sang a song from the Little Mermaid. That is hilarious Joanna! Is it the song that goes..."I wish I could be....part of that world....?" Ha!!