Sunday, August 30, 2009

engaged!




So exciting news from Dublin! Richy asked me to be his wife Friday night! Friday was Richy's birthday and he kept telling me he didn't want anything for his birthday, except a nice dinner in the house and then a few drinks after in our favorite bar! Easy enough right?! Well after a steak dinner and birthday cake Richy was in the bedroom changing his shirt...or so I thought....he told me to come in here and see what he really wanted for his birthday...

I was watching a special on Princess Dianna so I took my happy time going in the room...but when I did there was Richy on one knee with a beautiful ring....telling me he wanted me to be his wife! :) We're both so over the moon! Richy has already been quoted saying..."this engagement business is great craic" as only an Irish man could say! I agree!

The ring is beautiful! It is an antique from 1910 in the Edwardian style..I kinda think it has an art deco feel to it! I can't take my eyes off it! The boy did great!




12 comments:

Christy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What an amazing story and how sweet that all he wants for his birthday is you. You'll have to remember that for all the rest of his birthdays! :)

Court said...

I can't wait to see you guys in person and congratulate you!! The ring looks gorgeous too! Love you guys!

custardbydesign said...

thanks guys...!!!

Emily! said...

So excited to see pictures! Can. Not. Wait. AHH congrats!!

miss mary said...

well done from the In Laws

Natalie said...

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!! I am SO excited for you sweetie! The ring is GORGEOUS and so is your hubby-to-be! =)

Leanne said...

Richy did an awesome job with the ring! It is beautiful. So exciting!! Love you both.

Mandy Wright said...

I love the story! Congrats!

David & Cristin said...

FABULOUS, FABULOUS NEWS! So excited for you guys....wish I was there to celebrate! Richy - you did a great job with the ring, it is perfect for Joanna. Love you guys!

Razorbelle said...

JOANNA!!!! Oh my goodness. I am so happy for you. Get back here so we can celebrate. ASAP. I was just reminiscing about the single girls club this weekend... :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you both!
Delighted for ya's.. can't wait for the party sat week and to see that gorgoeus ring.
You did well Richy very Romantic and now easy to remember the date of your engagement!!
Me & Shane both wish ye a life time of happiness together!!!

custardbydesign said...

thanks for all your comments on here folks...looking forward to seeing some of you again and looking forward to meeting the rest of you...

richy