Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mallory's visit!

"No....Mr. USA immigration officer....I didn't touch livestock...."
wouldn't you like to be a cow living here!?
Mallory and I....keep in mind this was right after our surf lesson!
Taking in the views
Cliffs of Moher...take your breath away!
Little Bright with her big board
after the lesson...so worn out! New respect for surfers, you use muscles you didn't know you had!
away we go....surfing in Co. Clare!
wish us luck!
warming up!
loving the wet suits....okay not really!
a bit of a nervous smile from me! but excited all the same!
Mallory and Richy! Cheers!

My good friend Mallory Gramling and her friend Bright Bullard came to visit! I had been looking forward to this trip for a long time! Mallory and Bright fit right in and everyone had a blast! They had been in Ireland just over 24 hours and we were away to the west coast! Here are pictures from our surf lesson and the famous Cliffs of Moher!

Surfing has to be one of the coolest things I've ever done. As you may know I'm not an ocean girl! I love to swim and love to go to the ocean, but I just don't get in past my shins. I think it goes back to my first ever beach trip when we saw a man nearly drown because of the rip tide.....also my fear of sharks! Silly I know! Anyway I think I have overcome my ocean fear! The setting was beautiful, the water wasn't that cold and trying to surf was too much fun! All four of us got standing up at one time or another! Hang Ten!

More pics from the trip to come soon!

3 comments:

miss mary said...

you all look well talk soon

David & Cristin said...

Glad Mallory enjoyed the cows too....you would swear we didn't have them in the US! Surfing looks fun - you are going to have to teach us a few moves, seen plenty of surfers at the beach lately and thinking about it myself!

Joanna said...

ha I know...who knew cows were cuter in Ireland?! Should for sure go surfing Cristin...we took a lesson which helped big time!