Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Irish Easter

Well meet my new baby..........We decided to bottle feed for obvious reasons! lol!  Seriously how cute are these little guys?  


I'm a natural I know I know! :)

"Bonding" with the Richy Mac!

A great ending to my great Easter Weekend

Poor little guys and girls were abandoned by their "real" mothers.....actually a blessing though cause they are now "pet" lambs and that keeps them from being someones dinner when they get way bigger.

Anyway after Mass we had a nice Sunday in Armagh/Madden.  We got to see friends and family that we hadn't seen in a while.  Mary Mac fixed us a fabulous Easter meal.  We enjoyed the beautiful weather and had a few drinks on the patio.  The next day we headed to Cavan to see Andrea and John's progress on their new home.  This is where the my little babies come into the story! John's family are sheep farmers and their house is on the farm.  It is lambing season so there were baby lambs everywhere!  

After a tour of the farm Andrea and John fixed us an amazing dinner, BUT I don't even have the heart to tell you what the main course was..................................  : (   

12 comments:

miss mary said...

well must admit the lamb was nice so will eat it again only at the tully house thou
as it might be old mutton elsewhere
didn't realise you visted the gaints causeway last week as well
talk soon

Leanne said...

Oh no, not lamb-that makes for a really funny story-Hunter and I are belly laughing.

Joanna said...

okay in fairness...the "lambs" you eat aren't the little ones...they look like a full grown sheep...that's how I sleep at night!

Christy said...

Ha! Joanna - that last line made me laugh on a stressful morning!

Emily! said...

Ha! Love it (and I actually do love lamb too). What cuties though:)

RachelM said...

What sweet lambs! I can't believe you went and ate the same thing after!!! SO FUNNY!

Joanna said...

Rachel...when they are made into dinner they are older and not babies anymore...that helps doesn't it?!?!? maybe i'll go vegetarian so i don't have to have the guilt anymore! lol

ahol said...

no, you must go vegan. all the way. you can a total nutjob about it and push your beliefs on other people!!!!

Joanna said...

point taken ahol!

Leanne said...

No worries about the lamb...my Wilbur the pig (ham) sure was good dipped into honey mustard on Easter...but....I didn't bottle feed his baby before I ate him! HAHA

custardbydesign said...

ahol - ur not wise.... funny comment...!!!

David & Cristin said...

Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb! Haha...makes me laugh! just getting caught up on the blog world. oh how I miss the irish sheep - oh you should see the cow, looks great framed in the dining room. let's catch up this week!
PS - had a balmers on Sat! made me smile.