Thursday, April 16, 2009

guilty but love good food.....?

The guilt I have over eating the lamb is consuming my mind!!! My Dad grew up on a farm in Iowa.  When we were younger and went for trips to the farm Leah and I would spend hours with the chicks and baby pigs.    

I think we went back for Thanksgiving one year and I asked my mom where the chicks were..
Her answer was "in the freezer" 

We also had pet rabbits growing up though and I've had rabbit for dinner too...(not our pets..at a fancy restaurant)

Bottle fed lambs....sure enjoyed my lamb dinner...

I draw the line with horses, dogs, cats...  only saying that cause i know these are on the menu in some countries not to far from Ireland..

Where do y'all draw the line...or what is the strangest thing you've ever eaten???


3 comments:

ahol said...

There's a food chain for a reason -we should eat what's available and I've tried many an animal. However, I would probably draw the line at fish eye and snake penis soup. That is just disgusting. Never would I eat an arachnid either. No scorpion kabob for this girl...which is why i'll prbably never go to Asia!

Joanna said...

lol ahol!!!

custardbydesign said...

ahol - i see ur not shy there where the bellys concerned... or with words either concerning what you will and wont eat...

interesting...

not sure how i feel about ever being invited for dinner now...