Thursday, November 20, 2008

We knew I had a problem...

Well I found out last night...the nausea I get when I see blood or someone hurt in front of me..not only applies to real life but to Movies as well...

Last night Richy and I went to see the movie Hunger which is a movie based on the 1981 hunger strikers in Belfast.  I have to say the movie was brilliant and amazing acting...kinda doubt it will make the American market though which is too bad.  

However the last 30 minutes of the film we see the lead basically starving to death.  It was horrible and I got all hot and sweaty.  Had to peal off layers of clothes and take off my uggs.  I nearly fainted in the theatre and had to stop watching. If this actor could convince me that he was really starving enough for me to have my usual reaction to seeing pain then the man deserves an academy award.

 

No comments: