Friday, March 20, 2009

St. Patrick's Day in Dublin















Paddy's day in Dublin was fabulous!! Couldn't have asked for a better day! to recap...we started the day off by driving to south Dublin to take a dip in the 40 foot swimming hole.  Think this is kinda a local thing, but every Christmas day hundreds of brave people take a dip in the Irish Sea...Jessica, Brian, Richy and I thought we'd give it a go! All I can say is brrrrr and we saw far too many old men's bums...ha! Good experience I have to say and it sure woke me right on up!

Then it was home for showers and a traditional Irish breakfast..toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, grilled tomato, beans...yum! 

Off to the parade next.  People in green were everywhere...it was shoulder to shoulder and at that moment I was so happy stores couldn't sell alcohol until 3. After we got tired of the crowd we nipped into the first of many pubs!  

Later that afternoon we headed to croke park to watch a football match then headed home stopping off at pubs and a quick bite to eat along the way!  What a fun and eventful day!  I had mentioned earlier in a post that I had been warned about horrible drunks, but we managed to avoid all the crazy people!  Towards the end of the night we had fun dancing in the street with randoms!  Some man had a tin whistle and this girl who was organizing everyone to do Irish dancing!  Too funny...Of course we all joined in! It will be a hard day to top!  So much fun!

3 comments:

miss mary said...

are your friends not coming northern ireland way heard you scared some locals

Joanna said...

Northern Ireland on Wednesday and Thursday!

David & Cristin said...

FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN! Can not wait - I know you guys had a great time with Jess & Brian! Literally, I will be there in a week & a half! So many beautiful places to see...sorry we keep missing one another. I was in Philly with work this last week and David's fam flew in & so we are in entertaining mode as well. Catch up soon!