Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The OxFam Shop



As I think I mentioned before I help out one morning a week in the OxFam Charity shop down the street.  They have me organizing the donated items so they look nice.  I also do the window for the shop.  Working with limited inventory is changeling but I enjoy helping out!  Usually by the end of the day the window is in shambles (annoying) but at least people are buying what I stick in it! A nice little creative outlet for me during the week and for a good cause as well!

www.oxfamireland.org/


3 comments:

Moo said...

Perfect volunteer job for you; note the little African statue on the top shelf. Your grandfather had one just like him.

Joanna said...

I'm liking it! Although I walked by the window tonight and there was one half naked model..and it was a complete mess. Maybe things shouldn't be sold in the window for a few days.....?? If they want it bad enough they would come back?! Who knows?!

miss mary said...

yes in our local SVDP charity shop the window dressing is not touched
put a sign in either not for sale or available after window dressed eg put thedate
talk soon
looks good but the model needs some clothing this weather
anything i would like